Tuesday 21 June 2011

Day Ten

Day 10 – Favourite classic book

Hmmm .. I need to think about this one!

Ok, well I could pick any of about twenty or thirty favourites, but if pushed I'd have to go for Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice even though that seems like the most predictable of answers, it's the first classic that I ever read for pleasure and it encouraged me to try other classic stories. Also, I love the humour in it, it's the sort of humour I love best .. observational and at times absurd.

The list of those that I also love would be as long as your arm .. I'll just mention a few ...
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Diary of a Nobody - George & Weedon Grossmith
The Pursuit of Love - Nancy Mitford

No comments:

Post a Comment