Sunday 18 September 2011

Day Twenty Seven

Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending

Everyone knows I'm incredibly dense when it comes to working out plot twists, so nearly all books with any kind of surprise ending or twist always catch me out completely and I don't read a lot of mystery novels so I'm not used to trying to work them out (though I had an excellent grounding with the Famous Five books ... never worked them out either.) I was surprised by the ending of Gold by Dan Rhodes .. but then Alan has a completely different understanding of what happened than me and so now I'm not certain that I understood it correctly. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters was another one that left me confused because at first I didn't see there was a twist although the blurb on the back mentioned that there was one, and then, after someone else had given me a nudge (how many nudges do you need ) I did see it and it was like 'oh .. I see'. J.K. Rowling is a writer who has led me down many a garden path, I hardly worked out any of her twists ahead of time which was part of the deliciousness of the Potter books.

No comments:

Post a Comment