Thursday 1 September 2011

Day Twenty Five

Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most

When I read Northanger Abbey I really related to Catherine Morland because I have a bit of a vivid imagination and am always getting into scrapes because of it. Also because, especially when younger, I was easily led astray and influenced by others. The one thing she didn't have (though I didn't used to, perhaps she's developed one to rival my own) that I have in abundance is a terrible temper .. it doesn't happen very often but when it does pheweeeeeeee .. I stomp about and slam doors and go out for walks in the rain without a coat on .... not in a romantic Marianne Dashwood type of way but in a terribly spoilt Catherine Earnshaw 'I will make myself ill and die and then you'll be sorry' sort of way .. luckily, nobody takes the slighest notice of it or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment