Friday 29 July 2011

Day Twenty One

Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood

I loved Enid's Malory Towers and St Clares books and would have given my eye teeth to have gone to a boarding school (in theory that is .. in practice I used to have a panic attack if my Mum was more than five paces away!) .. the girls always seemed to have such fun and I was just desperate to have a secret midnight feast and fry sausages by moonlight *sigh* ... but the book that I really fell in love with was Mary Norton's The Borrowers .. I was just fascinated by them and used to be very liberal with my toast crumbs, pencil sharpenings and birthday candle stubs. Whenever an odd sock went missing I had visions of a little borrower unravelling it and making blankets for winter. I did look around the house for Borrowers but never saw them .. they're too clever for that of course but I thought I detected signs of them everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment