Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day Eighteen

Day 18 – A book that disappointed you

Rapture by Liz Jensen, and I was all the more disappointed because ordinarily I love her writing. To me it felt like she had one eye on the movie/TV adaptation. I was annoyed because I quite liked the premise but it started firing off all over the place and not being at all credible. I know books don't have to be credible but sometimes the plot calls for you to be convinced and I wasn't. I didn't like the characters either, one of them in particular needed a good shake, so that didn't help.
Another one is Phineas Finn by Anthony Trollope which I've only lately listened to. I love Trollope's writing but this one was just a bit too political for my taste. I got bogged down in all the politics and was constantly wanting to be back listening to details of Phineas's complicated love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment