Thursday 14 July 2011

Day Sixteen

Day 16 – Favourite female character

Not that I've said this before but my favourite female character is Thursday Next from the Jasper Fforde novels. She's just an ordinary girl but extraordinary things happen to her, she has a time travelling dad and a dodo for a pet. She gets to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things, fighting monsters and villains etc but is usually back at home again in time for tea. Best of all she hangs out in the bookworld and gets to chat to people like Heathcliff and Miss Havisham. She only lives down the road from me and so I feel I could be her for a day because I've had lots of experience of driving around the magic roundabout in Swindon.
Other favourite literary ladies are Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice,) Cassandra Mortmain (I Capture the Castle,) Molly Gibson (Wives and Daughters,) Tiffany Aching (Terry Pratchett's Discworld,) Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief) and Miyuki Woodward (Gold) .. I don't seem to like the feisty females as much as I like the feisty men so Becky Sharp and Catherine Earnshaw do nothing for me but I do like comic creations so love characters like Lady Catherine de Bourgh (Pride and Prejudice,) Lady Montdore (Love in a Cold Climate) and Sairey Gamp (Martin Chuzlewitt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment