Sunday 23 May 2010

Full of the Joys

What a beautiful weekend! There has been hardly a cloud in the sky, and the sun has shone endlessly.

I settled myself on a sun lounger yesterday morning hoping to get some reading done, but was so distracted by the wildlife, and befuddled by the heat, that I only managed a few limp pages.

Having said that, I'm not a natural sun worshipper, it's laughable the way that I load myself up with all the outdoor paraphernalia .. sunglasses, lotion, drink, book, towel etc, as if I'm going to be out in the garden all day. Then it's all I can do to sit still for an hour without feeling damp, dishevelled, headachey and guilty .. surely I should be indoors scrubbing pots or sluicing something down.

The lambs are not in my garden worse luck, or even nearby. I saw them as we were on our way to Witney to get some shopping. They seemed to get us confused with Mr and Mrs Farmer, they definitely expected food which made us feel a bit guilty. We only had a few mints with us and I didn't think they'd appreciate the irony so we didn't offer them. They are surprisingly loud though, especially the grown-ups, absolutely deafening.

The gorgeous weather won't last of course, but I'm proud that I've managed to make the most of this unexpected heatwave. The inside of my house looks like a tip, I've got suntan lotion on my clothes and the tip of my nose is scarlet .. perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment