Friday 16 April 2010

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover .. Well Maybe

I saw this on the shelf of the 'Helen & Douglas House' charity shop in Witney for £1 and had to have it. I didn't mean to buy another book, indeed I had promised myself that I wouldn't, but I couldn't resist it.

I think I was seduced by the cover, how fantastic is it?! I buy Angela Carter books because of the great covers too .. luckily she writes incredibly good stories so I've never regretted it.

I buy a lot of my books based on the covers and so far it's worked out ok. I don't mean that I only look at the cover before parting with my money but it is the thing that draws me to the book in the first place and nine times out of ten it will be 'my sort of book'.

When I will get the time to read it I don't know. I have a pile of library books that have taken precedence over everything else and a heap of TBR's on the shelf. Still it is a beautiful cover and what else could you buy for a £1?.

No comments:

Post a Comment